IBM SPSS TRAINING COURSES
SIFT Analytics offers a variety of training paths to help you find the appropriate courses for your job's role or need.
Introduction to IBM SPSS Text Analysis for Surveys
2 Days | 9:30am to 4:30pm
600 North Bridge Road, #12-05 Parkview Square, Singapore 188778
16-17 March 2020
Course Code: 0G301
This two-day course shows you how to analyze text or open-ended survey questions using IBM SPSS Text Analysis for Surveys. You will see the complete set of steps involved in working with text data, from reading the text data to exporting the final categories for additional analysis. Topics include how to automatically and manually create and modify categories, and how to edit synonym, type, and exclude dictionaries. Also included are examples of how to create resource templates and Text Analysis packages to share your work with other projects and other users.
This basic course is for analysts from any application area who work with surveys containing open-ended questions. This course is for users of IBM SPSS Text Analysis for Surveys software.
You should have:
- Some practical experience with survey research or analysis is helpful, but not required
- No prior experience coding open-ended questions is required, but would be helpful.
1. Introduction to Analyzing Text
2. Creating a New Project
3. Project and Data Properties
4. Extracting Concepts, Types, and Patterns
5. The Extraction Process
6. Linguistic Resources
7. Reviewing Categories
8. Categorization Techinques
9. Categorizing Responses
10. Advanced Categorization
11. Exporting Categories
12. Managing and Reusing Resources
13. Tips and Hints