IBM SPSS TRAINING COURSES
SIFT Analytics offers a variety of training paths to help you find the appropriate courses for your job's role or need.
Data Management and Manipulation with IBM SPSS Statistics
2 Days | 9:30am to 4:30pm
600 North Bridge Road, #12-05 Parkview Square, Singapore 188778
22-23 June 2020
Course Code: 0G525
The focus of this course is on the use of a wide range of transformation techniques to modify data values, ways to automate your work, manipulate your data files and results, and export your results to other applications' file formats. You will gain an understanding of the various options for controlling the IBM SPSS Statistic (formerly SPSS Statistics) operating environment and how to use basic syntax to perform data transformations efficiently and automate your work. This course uses the IBM SPSS Statistics Base features.
This intermediate course is for anyone who has worked with SPSS and wants to explore additional data management and manipulation features of SPSS and generally increase their efficiency with SPSS. The course is a natural follow-on to the 'Introduction to SPSS' course or as a stand-alone for experienced users who have learned the basic operations of SPSS on their own.
You should have:
-General computer literacy.
-Completion of the 'Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics' course or experience with IBM SPSS Statistics (Version 15 or later) including familiarity with reading and defining data, basic uses of Recode and Compute transformations, and creating charts.
-No statistical background is necessary.
1. Automating IBM SPSS Statistics using syntax and Production Jobs
2. Further data transformations: Automatic Recode, Count, conditional transformations
3. Using Functions to compute Numeric variables
4. Using System Variables
5. Computing Date, Time, and String variables
6. Helpful Data Management Features, including:
a. Identify duplicate cases
b. Restructuring data files
c. Custom Attributes
d. Customize Variable View
e. Sort on Variable Attributes
f. Using Variable Sets
g. Display Variable and File Attributes
7. Aggregating Data
8. Merging Files - Adding cases
9. Merging Files - Adding variables
10. Editing Charts and Pivot Tables
11. Deploying IBM SPSS Statistics results
12. Controlling the IBM SPSS Statistics environment