OnBase Solutions for Manufacturing provide companies the opportunity to increase overall business efficiency and accountability by decreasing reliance on paper-based processes. Automating and tracking back office processes such as procure-to-pay and order-to-cash as well as quality management with OnBase improves visibility, decreases errors and oversights and reduces labor and other costs.
OnBase allows you to build an electronic repository containing all the information needed to efficiently run a business, regardless of location. Instead of searching filing cabinets, fax machines, e-mail servers, lengthy paper reports, CAD applications and desktop hard drives for information, all information is centralized to a single source, retrievable with a few keystrokes and can be cross-referenced to related documents. For example, shipping and receiving documents can be accessed with a mouse-click from a customer PO. Users can access the information they need from a variety of intuitive and configurable interfaces or directly from an existing line of business application integrated with OnBase.
OnBase Solutions for Manufacturing can deliver the following benefits to manufacturing enterprises of all sizes:
- Managing Procure-to-Pay process electronically from requisition through posting to the general ledger improves visibility into financial processes for more effective forecasting and monitoring compliance with corporate accountability legislation such as Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Augmenting an existing ERP, accounting or other enterprise system with electronic document management speeds customer service, eliminates time spent retrieving documents and space and resources wasted storing paper-based documents.
- Automating complex approval processes ensures decisions are made in compliance with corporate policies and in a timely manner and provides management with oversight of activity.
- Integration with CAD applications extends the benefits of automated workflow and document management to CAD users and allows non-CAD users to view and annotate CAD drawings for review, approval or research.
- Integration with order-to-cash applications links supplemental documents, such as copies of incoming customer POs and correspondence, to the familiar application for accurate order fulfillment and prompt customer service.
- Track the controls and testing associated with quality management requirements such as ISO 9000, QS 9000 and ISO/TS 16949 as well as Sarbanes-Oxley and other Governance, Risk and Compliance initiatives.
- Documenting and tracking employee verifications that they have read and understand policies and procedures support compliance and safety initiatives.
OnBase is recognized in the industry for rapid deployment, modest professional services requirement and ease of use. Integration with virtually any existing application can be accomplished quickly using dedicated interfaces, such as the SAP-certified Connector 2.0 for use with SAP ArchiveLink™ or the Oracle-validated Integration for Oracle® E-Business Suite 11i, or point-and-click configurable Application Enabler™ integration utility. OnBase’s ability to complement existing IT environments and address multiple enterprise needs reduces a manufacturer’s total cost of ownership.
Because OnBase is designed to work equally well in practically any deployment methodology, it fits well into an organization’s existing – and future – IT infrastructure and culture. Users can access OnBase via a client/server model or using a standard Web browser. As an alternative to a premises-based installation, OnBase is available as a hosted solution. Hyland Software also offers validation and recovery services to complement disaster recovery/business continuity initiatives.