IBM automotive solutions can help you transform the retail experience, rapidly launch increasingly sustainable, connected vehicles, capitalize on services opportunities for intelligent, connected vehicles, and build dynamic value chains.
In today’s economically, socially and digitally connected world, automotive organizations are facing an entirely new set of challenges. The IBM Automotive 2020 report identified five dimensions of differentiation, which will be crucial in delivering success for automotive companies.These challenges lead automotive manufacturers to ask new sets of questions, such as, what if:
- Dealerships could better understand their customers’ digital journey?
- Executive teams could make better business decisions using accurate data across all time horizons, past, present and future?
- HR could quickly assess the impact of changes in staffing levels?Finance could reduce operating costs and better project financial performance?
- Sales and marketing could better target and monitor campaigns to drive dealer traffic and meet sales forecasts?
- Manufacturing could improve visibility into parts, assembly and vehicle inventory at every level of the supply chain?
- Research and development could reduce time to market for new features?
- After-sales could manage service inventory and target customers to drive more after-market revenue while reducing cost?
- Captive finance could increase customer loyalty through personalized and targeted marketing communications?
The five dimensions of differentiation
Predictive maintenance prevents asset failure and improves processes
Predictive maintenance solutions from IBM access multiple data sources in real time to predict asset failure so your organization can avoid costly downtime and reduce maintenance costs. Driven by predictive analytics, these solutions detect even minor anomalies and failure patterns to determine the assets and operational processes that are at the greatest risk of failure. This early identification of issues helps you deploy limited maintenance resources more cost-effectively, maximize equipment uptime and enhance quality and supply chain processes, ultimately improving customer satisfaction.
Predictive maintenance solutions from IBM can help your organization:
- Predict when and where asset failures are likely to occur
- Avoid asset downtime and reduce maintenance costs
- Perform root-cause analyses of asset and process failures
- Minimize product quality issues
- Optimize spare-parts inventory
- Predict warranty claims
- Enhance sales and operations planning
Whether the economy is strong or weak, the fundamental business strategies for surviving and thriving still hold true. Automotive organizations must be highly efficient to meet demand, production and supply requirements. Costs and resources also have to be managed carefully and intelligently.Optimization solutions for complex supply chains can mitigate risk, transform business processes and predict outcomes with greater certainty.