Introduction to IBM SPSS Complex Samples
Do you conduct studies that involve complex samples? In this one-day course, learn the concepts and issues relevant to complex sampling, and how to use the SPSS Complex Samples add-on module to create a sampling design or enter an existing one, select probability-based samples and produce statistical summaries adjusted for the sampling plan.
This basic course is for:
- Survey researchers who conduct studies that involve complex samples.
- Analysts who work with survey data from complex samples.
You should have:
- On-the-job experience with SPSS for Windows or completion of the Introduction to SPSS or Statistical Analysis with SPSS courses.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and sampling methodology will be helpful
- Sampling basics
- Probability and nonprobability samples
- Sampling error
- A sample SPSS Complex Samples session
- Setting up a sampling plan
- Entering an existing sampling plan:
- Stratification and clustering
- One - and two - stage sampling designs
- Data format and entry
- Frequencies and descriptive summaries
- Crosstabulation tables and tests of independence
- Ratio estimation
- General Linear Models
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression