Data Management and Manipulation with IBM SPSS Statistics (V24)
The focus of this course is on the use of a wide range of transformation techniques to modify data values, ways to automate your work, manipulate your data files and results, and export your results to other applications' file formats. You will gain an understanding of the various options for controlling the IBM SPSS Statistic (formerly SPSS Statistics) operating environment and how to use basic syntax to perform data transformations efficiently and automate your work. This course uses the IBM SPSS Statistics Base features.
This intermediate course is for anyone who has worked with SPSS and wants to explore additional data management and manipulation features of SPSS and generally increase their efficiency with SPSS. The course is a natural follow-on to the 'Introduction to SPSS' course or as a stand-alone for experienced users who have learned the basic operations of SPSS on their own.
You should have:
- General computer literacy.
- Completion of the 'Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics' course or experience with IBM SPSS Statistics (Version 15 or later) including familiarity with reading and defining data, basic uses of Recode and Compute transformations, and creating charts.
- No statistical background is necessary.
- Helpful Data Management Features
- Use Functions
- Additional Data Transformations
- Set the Unit of Analysis
- Merge Files
- Analyse Multiple Response Questions
- Edit Tables and Charts
- Introduction to the Output Management System
- Automate IBM SPSS Statistics
- Control the IBM SPSS Statistics Environment